Dell Command | Configure is a utility that is used to create a Dell BIOS configuration that can be applied to multiple Dell computers. The configuration can be exported as a .cctk file with text commands (see below).
[cctk] admsetuplockout=enable bootorder=legacytype,+hdd,+embnic,-floppy,-cdrom,-usbdev embnic1=on numlock=on pwdlock=lock setuppwd=flippydippydoo
The example configuration above does the following:
- Prevents bios settings from being changed without entering the Admin or setup password first.
- Sets the boot order. “legacytype” sets the BIOS to use legacy mode, instead of UEFI. The rest allows booting from the hard drive and the NIC, but prevents booting from the floppy, CD/DVD-Rom, or USB drives.
- Turns on the embedded NIC.
- Turns Number Lock on
- Locks the system password.
- Sets the Admin or Setup password to “flippydippydoo”
The configuration can also be exported to an .exe file that makes the configuration changes on the Dell computer(s) that it is executed on. The configuration in executable format can then be deployed to multiple computers using group policy or whatever you like.
Download Dell Command | Configure http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=18F4W
Dell Command | Configure ENTERPRISE CLIENT – WIKI